In the recent past, Surf Camp’s primarily catered to male clients and dealt wth the occasional female. Surf Bikini Retreat, an All-Women’s Surf and Yoga Resort located in Nosara, Costa Rica, recognized from the outset that the coaching needs for women differ greatly from that of men. Coaching women the skills to surf needs to be approached quite differently. Therefore, to accelerate the learning for women it is best to have women learn from women, without having men interfering. One of the noticeable differences between women and men is that women are great listeners, while men approach everything as if they already know everything. Not all, but most men approach most task more like a bull in a china cabinet. Trust me, I am not down on men, but the coaching methods that work for hard hitting men tend do not work for women.
At Surf Bikini Retreat, we have developed a time test logical approach where the female guest learn and are coached in a simple, understandable sequential building block methodology. With a success rate of 100% we have been able to ensure that every women leaves Surf Bikini Retreat knowing how to surf, and how going forward to self coach themselves to the next level.
If you are interested in learning to surf, seriously consider the benefits of selecting an all-women’s surf retreat. The rewards will be great.
Thoughts and comments by:
Co-founder of Surf Bikini Retreat – Nosara, Costa Rica
Again, come join us at Surf Bikini Retreat, and let our certified female instructors teach you to surf in a relaxed, stress-free fun filled Pura Vida atmosphere😎.
Adilia, Co-founder and Head Surf Instructor- Surf Bikini Retreat
At Surf Bikini Retreat – Nosara we strive to create a learning/coaching environment that is fun, stress-free that ensures you leave the camp with the skills to surf and continue to self coach yourself as you improve your surfing skills.
Give us a call when you are ready to surf !!!!
Co-founder Surf Bikini Retreat – Nosara, Costa Rica
So in simple terms surf and yoga go together like rum and coke, or Thelma and Louise ……
Co-founder Surf Bikini Retreat — Nosara , Costa Rica
I know that is a bold statement , but the reason I can say that without it being dubbed as “fake news” is for the following:
1. Playa Guiones is an extremely consistent surf break. We have waves 365 days of the year.
2. A “user friendly”surf break, meaning Playa Guiones is a sand bottom, soft rolling wave that is absolutely perfect and safe for the beginners learning to surf, or the intermediate more experienced surfers. With this safe playful wave the “fun factor” at Playa Guiones is off the scale.
3. Nosara has great supportive atmosphere. Playa Guiones one of the few beaches in the world where the friendly “locals “go out of their way to make you feel wanted and appreciated. It is common to hear hooting or high fives coming from the smiling “locals” when they see you get your first wave or even just a decent wave.
4. The quality of the surf instructors is unequaled to anywhere I have ever traveled. I know from my experience at Surf Bikini Retreat, an all-inclusive , girl’s only surf resort, that our certified ISSA instructors are not only knowledgeable, but take great pride in ensuring each of our guest have a great time learning to surf.
5. Speaking as a women, I think what I am about to tell you says it all. Playa Guiones, Nosara is the only beach in Costa Rica where when one is out surfing you see just as many or more surfer’s in the water wearing bikini’s, as you do surfer’s wearing board shorts.
6. I guess it is to be expected, but once you experience surfing in Nosara guaranteed you will be back over and over again. There is just something magical about the place you just must experience.
These are my observations, having been born and raised in Nosara, and surfing my beloved home break Playa Guiones almost daily for the last decade.
Co-founder of Surf Bikini Retreat- Nosara, Costa Rica